Swing sofas: features and manufacturing secrets
A swing sofa is a thing that adds coziness to the interior. They are convenient, unpretentious, besides, special craftsmen can easily make them on their own. About what kind of sofa swings are and how to choose the right ones, you should talk in more detail.
As a rule, most people buy a sofa swing for a summer residence, much less often for their home. Depending on where in the future they will stand, and what and what design they should have depends on.
Actually, there are not many materials from which you can make a sofa swing. Only a few of them are strong enough. Below are the common models and materials for their manufacture.
- Wood. The most common option. Great for a garden in summer. But unfortunately, such a swing is highly susceptible to moisture, weather conditions and even air temperature in the absence of proper wood processing. In addition, they are easy to break and also flammable. Among the advantages are environmental friendliness and a pleasant appearance.
- Metal. Such models are durable and durable. You can easily give them any design, apply any pattern on them or make them to order with various types of forging. But such a swing is not quite suitable for families with small children, as children can be very hurt about them. In addition, such structures are difficult to install. But they are relatively easy to care for.
The swing sofa is divided into several types according to their structure and purpose.
- Multi-bed and double. The former are long and must have a strong and heavy-duty structure, the latter are more compact and can hang on one chain.
- Folding and one-piece models. The fold-out sofas can be folded out, after which they take the form of a bed or a couch. Solid models of this type of furniture come with a fixed back.
- Outdoor and indoor. Outdoor sofa swings have a characteristic feature - a canopy, and those for the home have a brighter and more laconic design.
- With various types of racks. The most common racks are A-shaped and U-shaped.
As a rule, absolutely all types of sofa swings come with a back, the only exceptions are shocking or extravagant design models.
How to equip?
Obviously, a sofa swing will need a lot of space. Therefore, it is best to put them on a site free from other structures. The main thing to consider is that the path to them should also be free, without any obstacles.
It is not recommended to place furniture of this kind near walls or other vertical surfaces. The same goes for large massive trees. You should not place furniture under their shadow, as much as you would like it. It may be dangerous. An exception may be simply a swing bed suspended from strong and thick tree branches.
A good summer cottage option for a small plot will not be a multi-seat sofa swing, but several single ones. Although they will take up more space, they will give the garden some originality and freshness. Before installing the structure, it is imperative to level the surface on which it will stand, and after completion, firmly seal it for stability.
Added convenience and such a thing as a fan installed above the sofa, which everyone will be grateful to on sweltering summer nights.
The best place for a rocking sofa is an open veranda or gazebo. This option is perfect for a summer residence.In this case, you can neglect the purchase of arches and fixtures, and immediately attach the structure to the ceiling. It is very simple to fit it into the interior - it is enough to repaint it in the color of the surrounding furniture or other elements of the landscape. You can add brightness by purchasing various decorative pillows to it. Bright colored blankets or a cover with an unusual pattern are also welcome.
It is better to choose a sofa with a slight backrest slope back, such furniture will be more comfortable. As a fastener, you can use both chains and thick rope threads, as well as thin metal pipes. Sofas, suspended low to the floor, seem much more comfortable than those on which you need to "climb".
Perhaps, it is obvious that the swing should be combined with other furniture, such as bedside tables, armchairs stylized for it, tables and chairs. Recently, designers have been proposing the installation of asymmetric sofa swings, where the back can be on the side and only on one side.
It is noticed that the wider and longer the sofa swings, the smoother they move. It will be doubly more comfortable to sit or lie on such furniture.
Sitting and swaying in the evening on such a sofa after drinking tea and warm conversations can easily become a favorite habit and a kind of tradition of every family. Don't miss this chance and buy quality furniture that will serve you well.
For information on how to make a sofa swing with your own hands, see the next video.