How to make a pouf with your own hands from improvised means at home?
Poufs are quite multifunctional and serve as an interior decoration. You can easily make such a piece of furniture yourself. There are enough improvised materials that can be found in every home. You can decorate the product in any style, at your discretion.
Choice of design
Making a pouf with your own hands from improvised means is quite simple. The big advantage of such furniture is that you can choose the design yourself. It is important to choose a design that matches the style of the interior.
So, in a classic room it is better to put a pouf with faux leather upholstery.
At home, you can make children's poufs. Various rhinestones, embroidery, beads and ribbons are often used for decoration. It is better to use cotton as the main fabric, it will not harm the child. Covers made of velvet and velor look pretty nice. It is practical to use old jeans.
What can be useful at work?
You can make a pouf from materials that almost everyone can find in everyday life. Here are the most affordable options.
- Plastic bottles. Products combine environmental friendliness and durability. The service life is impressive, especially if the plastic is prepared in a special way. Bottle poufs are usually round.
- Foam rubber. Soft products without a frame resemble a bag. They are lightweight and mobile and can be of any shape.
- Car tire. As a decor, you can use fabric, textiles. Plywood is used to construct a seat. Garden poufs can also be made of tires. In this case, they can simply be painted in the desired color.
- Chipboard. It is usually made in the form of a square or rectangle. You can leave a convenient storage niche inside. Any fabric is used as upholstery.
- Coils from the cable. The result is small but stylish and comfortable solutions. An excellent solution for a nursery.
- Knitted yarn. Lightweight products can be moved to the desired location. It is quite easy to make a pouf, however, it turns out to be quite small. If children use such a product, then there is no need to worry. It is impossible to hurt yourself on the pouf.
The main thing is to immediately decide on the frame and choose the fabric for the pouf. It is on these materials that its wear resistance and durability depend. Additionally, you need to prepare scissors, glue and other tools. For a frameless pouf, you need a sewing machine.
From plastic bottles
An ottoman made of scrap materials can be of any height.
To increase the strength, the bottles should be frozen first and then heated.
You can leave them on the balcony or in the refrigerator overnight, and then put them near a hot radiator. The air inside will expand, and the bottles will become perfectly even and durable. The procedure for making a pouf is as follows.
- Prepare 14 bottles of the same size in advance. Roll them up tightly with tape or twine so that you get a cylinder.
- Circle the bottom of the workpiece and make a pattern, cut two circles of the desired size from plywood. Glue the fabric on one, this will be the bottom of the product.
- Secure the plywood to the bottles with double-sided tape. Make notches on the discs for the twine and additionally wrap the structure with it.
- Cut out such a rectangle from thin foam rubber to wrap a cylinder from bottles.
- Sew the foam rubber on the workpiece. Strong threads and an awl can be used.
- Cut a round blank for the seat from thicker foam. The size should match the top of the product.
- Make a fabric cover for a pouf and put it on the product.
Frameless with balls
In a simple way, you can use a large pillowcase as a cover.
However, it is much more interesting to make everything yourself. Fine-grained expanded polystyrene foam balls are used as a filler.
The fabric should be taken in two types, for the inner cover and the outer one. The procedure is as follows.
- Make a pattern on paper. Three elements can be made: sides and bottom. Another option is the petals and the bottom.
- Cut out the desired elements from two types of fabric.
- Sew all the fragments of the inner cover, insert the snake. Do the same with the decorative part.
- Insert one bag into the other so that the zippers line up.
- Pour the required amount of filler inside.
- Fasten the covers and shape the pouf into the desired shape.
From a plastic bucket
This choice of material for the base greatly simplifies the task of making a frame pouf. You should prepare a bucket without a handle, synthetic winterizer, rope, glue, buttons, lace and fabric in advance. Here is the procedure.
- Divide the rope into 2 parts. Twist the first in a spiral and paint white. For this purpose, it is better to use a can of paint that dries quickly.
- Wrap the entire bucket with an unpainted rope. The base must be lubricated with glue.
- Wind the white cord around the middle of the bucket to create a stripe that stands out.
- Cut a circle out of the fabric to fit the bottom of the frame and a rectangle of a suitable size. Sew a bag and put it in a bucket.
- Hide the edges of the bag under the lace.
- Cut the cover for the pouf out of the cardboard. Put a synthetic winterizer on top and cover with a cloth so that it protrudes 7-10 cm.
- Wrap the edges and glue them on the inside of the pouf lid.
- Sew a button on the front side of the fabric for additional fixation.
- Glue the soft part to the lid.
- The edging can be made with a rope.
How to make a pouf with your own hands, see below.