White poufs: what are they and how to choose in the interior?
In modern interior solutions, such a piece of furniture as a pouf often appears. It is functional, takes up little space, and is a stylish addition to the interior. In our today's material, we want to talk about the features of white ottomans.
Advantages and disadvantages
White furniture is, of course, a classic. An ottoman of this color will perfectly fit into any color scheme of the room. Consider the pros and cons of white ottomans.
- ideal for a modest room;
- can be placed in any room;
- white is an achromat color, ideally combined with any other shade of the color spectrum;
- a white ottoman can be not only boiling white, but also have different shades.
- it is impossible not to mention the soiledness of white ottomans, a snow-white product without proper care will very quickly lose its "presentation", a removable cover will help in this regard.
- the texture is important (if you picked it up incorrectly - for example, with an abundance of snow-white gloss in the interior, a milky velvet pouf was purchased, it will not harmonize with the surrounding environment, it will give the impression of bad taste);
Now let's get acquainted with the main types of poufs.
- With a frame. There are two types: with an open frame (such poufs are like a small chair with a soft seat) and with a closed one (completely upholstered with textiles, leather or other material, possibly with hidden legs).
- Without frame. Filled with a special free-flowing composition. They are easy to move from room to room, they are not "tied" to the interior, and it is very comfortable to sit on them.
- Ottoman-transformer. There are folding and pull-out models. In terms of size, such a pouf is larger than its “brothers”, it can even be turned into a small sofa.
- On legs. They look like a bench or a low wide stool.
- On wheels. More mobile than other varieties.
- Inflatable. In fact, this is an inflated chamber, outside of which a special textile cover with a zipper is put on.
In order to choose a suitable ottoman, it is important to rely on the following criteria.
- Filler. Since the ottoman is not only a decorative piece of the interior, during operation, its padding material may shrink and the product will lose its shape. Not so long ago, in the production of poufs, springs and foam rubber were used, now they have been replaced by polyurethane foam, synthetic winterizer and synthetic winterizer. They are less susceptible to deformation, which means that such a pouf will last much longer.
- Upholstery material. Since white ottomans are very easily soiled, it is advisable that you can clean the surface of the product from household dirt from time to time. In this regard, materials such as leather, eco-leather are good, which can be simply wiped with a cloth. You can also order a removable cover for your pouf - the possibility of washing will increase the service life.
- The shape of the ottoman. Here your personal preferences come to the fore: someone likes square products, someone - round ones. Think about which shape will best fit into your interior, and then make a decision after that.
In addition to the above criteria, there are nuances in the selection of a pouf, depending on the room where it will stand.
- In the bedroom. When choosing a product for a bedroom, be guided by the height of the bed or sofa - it is advisable that the pouf is on a level with them, especially if it will be in the bedside area. If its purpose is "the role of a chair" near the dressing table, focus on the height of the latter.
- In the nursery. The room where children live, especially a small one, should be an area that completely excludes any traumatic objects. Therefore, when choosing a pouf in the nursery, pay attention to the absence of sharp corners, unnecessarily hard surfaces. A white product will quickly become unusable under the onslaught of children, respectively, order several removable covers for it.
- Into the living room. The style of the room and the purpose of the ottoman will play an important role in choosing a suitable pouf for the hall. If it serves as a footrest, choose a low, compact product, and if you need it for sitting, then a frameless bag model will do. A large bench on a rigid frame will act as a coffee table; it can also be equipped with drawers.
- Into the kitchen. The kitchen area is a high-risk area in terms of contamination of the furniture surface. Therefore, poufs upholstered in leather or leatherette will fit perfectly here.
- To the office. In fact, this variety is suitable not only for an official setting - you can just as well put an "office" pouf in a hall, bedroom or home office. As a rule, this product is on a rigid frame, with open legs, single or multiple.
Examples in the interior
Now let's look at some beautiful examples of the use of white poufs in the interior.
- A round white leather ottoman, made in the same style as the headboard, brings a "zest" to the bedroom interior.
- Another dormitory, another round pouf. However, here it looks quite autonomous, without getting out of the general style.
- A very interesting solution: a white ottoman with a handmade cover on it fits perfectly into the oriental style of the rest room.
- In this case, pouf 2: one is at the foot of the bed, the other is at the dressing table. All furniture is quilted in the same way, and this creates an excellent visual effect, giving the interior comfort and completeness.
- Poufs-cubes act as footrests.
How to make a pouf with your own hands, see below.