Long TV stands in the interior
In the modern world, the main item of the living room interior, around which the furniture is arranged, is the TV. Many people spend all their free time watching TV. For a convenient location of the TV in the room, special long stands are often used. We will talk about this furniture in the article.
Almost every house or apartment has a TV, and sometimes not one. Despite the fact that modern models are much thinner than their predecessors, finding the right place for them can be difficult. To ensure that watching your favorite TV shows does not become a test for the eyes, the device should be located at eye level of the viewer. Despite the seemingly light construction, some TV models are quite heavy - this requires stability and strength from the cabinet.
As for the aesthetic appearance, then the curbstone should be much wider than the screen. This will visually balance the large rectangle with the decor in the room. Otherwise, the design will seem awkward.
All these tasks will be successfully performed by a long TV stand.
Manufacturers of such furniture began to produce wide pedestals for TV. In small apartments it can be used corner model. Square side tables can be a good option for a small apartment. But the most stylish and modern option will be long and low coasters... Compact and narrow, they have a number of advantages:
- having an unusual shape, they can visually expand the space in the room, making it wider;
- a large selection of colors and design options will allow you to choose the best option for a particular room;
- such a product is durable and can be used for many years;
- there is additional free space at the edges, which you can use at your own discretion;
- the long length allows you to place many compartments for storing various things.
Wide TV stand will fit well into the interior of any living room, if, of course, the size of the room allows. In a small room, such furniture may look too bulky, however, even for such rooms, you can pick up a cabinet (from 2 meters) so that, with the same dimensions, it looks quite appropriate. It could be more light-looking glass models, construction without doors or shelves.
In some cases, stands are used so that they do not protrude beyond the edges of the TV. Under certain conditions, this design looks very harmonious. When the TV is hanging on the wall, the urgent need for a cabinet disappears both in functional and aesthetic terms. True, in this case, many people still buy such furniture.
Long drawer units look very elegant in combination with larger structures. These include tall pencil cases, shelving and top-lit cabinets. The free surface of the cabinet itself can be very useful if you need to place discs, books, a game console and much more.
Such furniture has several varieties. Based on the style in which the room is made, you can choose one of the types of cabinets to emphasize the good sense of taste of your owner.... Let's consider the most common ones.
This option is suitable for modern rooms. It allows you to create a spacious effect in the room. Such items can decorate with themselves both a certain area in the room, and decorate the entire length of the wall.
For their production, durable and lightweight materials are used.
This type of furniture, which is equipped with feet or wheels for installation on the floor. Such a cabinet is very often has free storage space for various accessories... They can be made in the form of open shelves, shelves with a door, or drawers with a pull-out mechanism.
Very much in demand today chest of drawers, on which it is allowed to place not only compact plasma TVs, but also more bulky models. TV stands combined with a dressing table or an electric fireplace, around which shelves and niches can be additionally located, look quite unusual.
Materials and coating
Different materials are used for each style. Let's consider the most common ones.
- Glass. This material is used in modern interiors and can be completely transparent, tinted, matte or have a mirror surface. The main condition is that tempered glass is used in the manufacture of such a cabinet.
- Wooden. The product, made of solid wood, has a beautiful and solid appearance. Wooden products made without frills can be laconic and minimalistic, and the presence of hand-carved carvings makes this same model much more luxurious.
- Plasterboard product. Due to the flexibility of the GKL material, you can make a TV cabinet of any complexity and shape. In this case, it will act as an exclusive element of the interior.
- Chipboard / chipboard. This material is considered to be quite durable, practical and cheap. This is the most popular option that is used for the production of cabinet furniture, although it looks rustic.
- Metal. Such material will find its place in modern rooms. Manufactured from metal construction, the strongest, most stylish and durable. It can withstand heavy loads and is resistant to mechanical damage. The metal structures in the interior add a bit of uniqueness to it.
- Stone. Quite original products for the living room are obtained from the described material. A stone product will bring a little natural touch to the atmosphere.
Each of the listed materials has good performance in use. With good care of them, the service life of the products can increase significantly. With their presence, they can successfully fill the free space in the room.
The coating of materials can be different and have not only decorative properties, but also protective ones.
- Varnish... This coating works not only as a decorative one, since after its processing the surface shimmers with gloss, but also has protective properties. The varnish does not allow water to pass through, which means that the product is not afraid of contact with water. However, this should not be abused. The constant presence of water on the surface will nevertheless, sooner or later, destroy the coating and get to the tree.
- Veneer. This is a thin layer of natural wood, which not only improves the performance properties of the underlying material, but also gives the entire structure a more representative appearance.
- Synthetic films... They come in many different textures and color options. Provide good protection against ultraviolet radiation, high humidity and temperature extremes.
Products made of solid wood and metal are expected to be the most durable and durable. Although the weight and cost of these structures may surprise the buyer. In addition, it is appropriate to apply them only in certain styles and directions. While plastic products have a huge variety of colors and an affordable price. But the strength of such structures leaves much to be desired. It is undesirable to put large mass TVs on such a curbstone.
Curbstones made of glass, look very light, almost weightless. They fit well into the interior of a living room or bedroom. For their production, the material must be up to 15 mm thick. Glass of this thickness can withstand heavy loads.
Shapes and sizes
When choosing a curbstone, you can be guided not only by the size and color, but also by the shape of the structure, which are represented by a large selection. Consider the most common forms of TV stands:
- rectangle or square - this form of the product is the most common, it can be considered classic;
- rounded - in such a design, the back part remains flat without changes, and the front side is slightly rounded;
- bookcase - in this design, the back wall is completely absent, and several tiers are connected by corner posts;
- asymmetrical - in this case, the sections are displaced to one of the sides and connected by open-type shelves.
In order for your curbstone to fit well into the interior, you need to choose not only the color, but also the dimensions.
- Wide - the length of such products reaches 1.2 m, and the depth is only 50 cm. They are most often installed in the living room of a private house, where the rooms are almost always spacious.
- High - these cabinets reach a height of 90 cm and a width of 80 to 1.2 m. This is the average height and width of the chest of drawers - in some rooms this is a good design solution.
- Narrow - the depth of such pedestals can vary from 35 to 45 cm, and the height can be any at the buyer's choice, but most often it is 80 cm.The width of such a product also cannot boast, since it is only 60-80 cm.
- Low - as a rule, these are the longest pedestals.
Their length can vary from 1.2 to 2 m or more, the depth and height of the products is small and is about 40 cm.
Color palette and styles
A wide range of colors and materials for long TV stands gives a flight of imagination both for the designer and for the potential buyer. It is advisable that the color of the future cabinet matches the overall atmosphere in the room. In this case, it is necessary to take into account the visual perception of colors, the possibility of combining warm and cold shades. Thus, light and low furniture is visually capable of expanding the space. This can help with decorating small rooms. It can add lightness and a positive attitude to the room. While the dark furniture along the white walls looks austere and focuses all the attention on itself. Glass inserts are considered neutral and can go well with any interior.
A very large number of shades can provide laminated surface... Stuff like Chipboard, capable of imitating natural wood of common or rare exotic species. Using this material, you can get any desired result. The surface texture is able to accentuate the wood effect. It all depends on how pronounced all the fibers are. You can find laminated chipboard panels made for metal, mosaic or simply with a colored glossy surface. It is best to choose the color of the product from samples in the store, and not from photographs from the Internet, since the color rendition is always distorted.
Modern design often uses monochromatic white or black curbstones. In this case, they act as a complement to the dark TV screen. The main thing is that the moving picture on the screen, surrounded by monochromatic objects, looks especially beautiful. Glass can also be of several colors, but most often it is matte white or satin black. TV stands almost never fulfill in different bright colors - they will distract attention while watching TV.
To choose the right TV stand in a room, you need to remember important conditions:
- first of all, it is necessary to take into account what kind of load will be carried out on the intended pedestal - the larger it is, the stronger and stronger the product should be;
- the depth of the cabinet directly depends on the TV - the safest is the one in which the TV support platform does not go beyond the product border;
- due attention should be paid to fittings - its quality should be as good as possible;
- it is desirable that the color of the cabinet matches the shade of the rest of the room.
In addition, your cabinet must meet all the necessary functional requirements.
If you want to install a front speaker and a home theater amplifier in it, immediately decide on where they will stand, and how it should look. If this is not done, and there is no place for everything you need on the curbstone, then you will have to bring additional stands and holders to the living room, which in the future will most likely spoil the appearance of the recreation area.
Manufacturers offer a huge selection of various models of TV stands, which are made of various materials with the use of all kinds of accessories. It is best to choose a quality item made from good materials and spare parts. In this case, it will please the eye for a long time.
Before buying a long TV stand, you need to decide in advance on its location. Places such as:
- an angular arrangement is the best option for a small room, if the design of the cabinet allows it;
- the center of the free wall, opposite which the sofa and armchairs are located - this arrangement is well suited for large and spacious rooms;
- in the center of the room - this option is used for large living rooms in which there is a lot of free space.
In other cases the most logical and safe option would be to place furniture where it will look best. The taste of the landlord is very useful in this. Suspended structure with the right approach, it can fit into almost any interior with dignity.
Beautiful examples in the interior
White cabinet with rounded edges against a light wall and dark floor fits well into such an interior. With black decorative inserts, this piece of furniture echoes the floor and wall at the same time. The neutral pattern on the doors adds something individual to them, but it will definitely not distract all attention when watching TV. This composition is successfully complemented by a dark lamp, which is made in a modern style.
The white square cabinet stands out against the dark walls and floor. The burgundy insert in the middle of the curbstone echoes the cherry-colored carpet. Such a selection of colors forces to focus all attention not on a separate element, but on the entire area, in the center of which the TV is located.
Dark cabinet in a similar design Is a real classic. It echoes in its shade with the carpet and floor, creating the effect of a complete composition. Light-colored walls make it stand out from its background.
Such furniture, with the right approach, can bring comfort to the room.
TV wall stand in glossy white Fits very well with purple wall background. Due to the presence of a white lamp and a light floor, it is possible to apply a violet color, which is very difficult to work with. A white floor helps to bring light into the environment and visually reduce the amount of bright paint.
Curbstone, made in the form of aged wood, looks luxurious against the background of a light wall and a gray carpet. Thus, it is possible to dilute the modern furnishings with an antique. Thanks to its gray inserts, which very well resonate with the carpet, this curbstone looks appropriate and thoughtful in this setting.
For how to make a long TV stand with your own hands, see the next video.