Designer chairs for the kitchen: types and tips for choosing
Having made a good renovation in the kitchen, it is logical to complete it with a beautiful setting. The standard dining group is not impressive today. Only designer things can give a distinctive image to the kitchen. Chairs are an important piece of furniture, people of Western culture cannot do without them, it is not customary for us to sit on the floor. Chairs have not only functional but also aesthetic value. Upon entering the kitchen, an extravagant group of furniture is sure to draw attention to itself.
Requirements for kitchen furniture
The kitchen is not a living space and needs special furniture, therefore, it has its own specific requirements:
- chairs must be moisture resistant;
- easy to clean even with the use of household chemicals;
- they need to have strong, wear-resistant qualities, as they are subjected to daily increased stress;
- the seats should be comfortable, functional;
- designs should have beautiful, original shapes.
We are talking about design options, they can be easily selected taking into account the listed requirements. But sometimes owners sacrifice practicality in favor of uniqueness, sophistication or stylistic necessity. Such a decision is justified if the dining area is at a sufficient distance from the working area.
How to equip the premises?
In most cases, chairs come with a dining table. This is especially true for designer models, for which it will not be possible to find an identical table.
Before buying a dining group, you should carefully calculate the prepared area. The kit should not only enter the allotted boundaries, but also function freely in the conditions of the extended chairs, not interfere with the passage in the kitchen.
A large room can accommodate all kinds of furniture for the dining area, even "spreading" chairs, up to armchairs. And for small areas, you need to try very hard to make the chairs comfortable, ergonomic, compact and stylish. You may have to be content with models with narrowed seats like stools and with almost conditional backs. In completely non-standard kitchens, transforming chairs may be needed, which can be folded and removed after eating.
For cramped spaces, designers have developed collections of furniture made of transparent plastic, glass, as well as openwork airy options that let light and the surrounding space through themselves, visually preserving the volume of the room.
Structurally, designer chairs have an infinite number of options, but they all fall into main kitchen categories:
- dining rooms;
Dining furniture can have massive or compact shapes, high or low backs, equipped with armrests like chairs, unfold and fold when necessary. In addition, the chairs are in the hard, medium and soft categories. Hard furniture has no upholstery. Models of medium hardness are endowed with a small cushioning foam. Soft options are equipped with comfortable fillings. Their quality is easy to check - when pressed, they should return to their original shape.
Chairs are also divided according to the materials from which they are made. Modern high-quality plastic, wood, MDF, glass are often used for kitchen interiors.
The variety of designer kitchen furniture makes it possible to match it to any stylized interior. Using catalogs, you can make the perfect choice of chair model in color, texture and configuration. Let's consider the most interesting manifestations of design ideas.
- Unique dining group. The glass top rests on solid legs that imitate lush buboes. The backs of the chairs are made in the form of letters referring to the names of their owners. The furniture has a non-standard concretized character and is one of a kind.
- Unusual extravagant model suitable for ultra-modern interiors.
- Dining groups in the style of minimalism, modern, hi-tech and other modern trends. In one interior, the chairs are made in the form of text "checkmarks". In another version, slender, graceful, extravagant backs resemble majestically seated figures in dress coats in some secret mystical society.
- Awesome design of dining chairs depicting a wave. They are produced by one smooth curved line, as if drawn with a single wave of the hand. This collection has a different color palette, but the black and white options are especially interesting.
- A chair created in a patchwork manner (sewn from patches). Such furniture will go well with patchwork kitchen tiles and is suitable for retro styles or Provence, shabby chic directions.
- Designer collections of bar stools.
- For the dining area, it is not necessary to select monotonous products. They can be of different shapes or structurally the same, but varied in color. Such furniture creates bright accents in a monochrome kitchen.
- Compositions of chairs made of glass or transparent plastic are suitable for small rooms, they transmit light and preserve the volume of the room. For the same purposes, you may need products with empty backs, indicated only by the outline of the lines.
- A strict, laconic collection of chairs with a streamlined, almost cosmic shape, created for interiors of urban styles.
If possible, it is better to purchase a designer collection of chairs for your kitchen, they will create an unusual, exceptional holiday atmosphere.
For information on how to choose the right chairs for the kitchen and dining area, see the next video.