Chest of drawers for TV: features, varieties, tips for choosing
TV is an integral part of every modern home. It can be placed in any room: bedroom, living room, nursery, or even the kitchen. In this case, it is very important to choose a reliable chest of drawers for the TV. In addition, such a piece of furniture can perform many additional functions.
Consider the features of dressers for TVs, their varieties, as well as the selection rules.
A chest of drawers with TV drawers is a multifunctional design that not only acts as a stand for a household device, but also acts as a storage system. Thanks to the drawers in the dresser, you can store clothes, books, technical accessories and much more.
A wide variety of such furniture on the market is due to its demand among modern buyers. Manufacturers strive to create beautiful and functional options that will appeal to even the most sophisticated customers.
There are many different types and models of dressers. In this regard, when choosing, it is very difficult to navigate and choose the optimal model that will meet all your functional needs, as well as have an aesthetically pleasing appearance.
Today, there are a large number of TV dressers on the market. Consider the most popular types of such furniture.
These chests of drawers consist of a large number of free-standing parts. In fact, they are kind of constructors. Such models are much more expensive than standard furniture.
The main advantage of the modular chest of drawers is the possibility of its maximum customization. Thus, the piece of furniture will suit all your needs.
These models are considered standard and are the most common among buyers. Such chests of drawers are relatively inexpensive, and therefore they can be purchased by representatives of all social and economic strata.
These chests of drawers are wall-mounted and do not lean on the floor. They look stylish and modern. By size hanging chests of drawers can correspond to the dimensions of the TV or be placed along the entire wall.
Such models of TV furniture will be an excellent support for thin plasma household devices. However, they may have fewer functions than other varieties.
And also designs can differ in shape (straight, corner, oval and others), designs (sliding doors, drawers, hinged doors). Chests of drawers can be either independent pieces of furniture, or be included, for example, in a furniture wall.
You can create a single furniture ensemble not only in one room, but throughout the entire apartment.
Various materials are used to make TV dressers.
- Quite often, TV furniture is made of wood. This material is environmentally friendly and safe. In addition, wood is very reliable and durable, so the piece of furniture will serve for many years. As for the disadvantages of this option, among them one can single out a large mass (accordingly, difficulties in transportation) and a high cost.
- Popular materials for making furniture are also chipboards and fine particle boards.
In order for these materials to look attractive, they are pre-treated with various chemical compositions.
- Plastic chests of drawers add extra lightness to the interior. In addition, the material can be painted in a variety of shades, which adds a certain zest to the overall design. Often plastic chests of drawers have a glossy sheen.
- Glass Is a modern and stylish choice, but at the same time, the material is distinguished by increased fragility.
Glass furniture is not recommended to be installed in apartments where small children or pets live.
- Metal furniture does not fit into every interior, but it has a high level of reliability and durability.
Considering that modern TV dressers can be made from a wide variety of materials, when choosing, be guided by the strength, as well as the appearance of the furniture.
Chests of drawers for TVs can have a wide variety of dimensions. Depending on the size of the room, the TV and your individual preferences, you can find tall, long, low, narrow, large, wide models.
The traditional classification of dressers includes 4 main categories.
- Long. Such models reach a length of up to 3 m.The height and depth can be in the range from 0.4 to 0.5 m.
- High. The length of a tall chest of drawers is in the range from 90 cm to 120 cm, while the depth cannot be more than 50 cm.
- Narrow. Narrow TV furniture is about 70 cm long, and the average height is 80 cm.The depth of the chest of drawers is quite small and is about 40 cm.
- Low. The height of such chests of drawers cannot exceed 35 cm, the length is at least 80 cm, and the depth is 35 cm.
The size of the furniture matters not only in relation to the area of the room in which the chest of drawers will be installed. Depending on the size, the functionality and capacity of the chest of drawers change. This factor is the most important when choosing a piece of furniture.
Today on the furniture market there are TV dressers that correspond to a variety of design styles. Among them are:
- designs of neutral colors in a classic style;
- white minimalistic furniture;
- classics in a modern design;
- baroque style;
- dressers for children's rooms with animated characters;
- furniture with prints that will fit into an eclectic style;
- loft style, etc.
The design of the chest of drawers should match the overall design of the room. It can also become an accent element of the interior.
Chests of drawers for TV are products manufactured by a large number of manufacturers (both domestic and foreign). Let's consider some of them.
- ArteBona. The company is located in Minsk. A distinctive feature of the company is the production of furniture from environmentally friendly and safe materials. Amber furniture set is suitable for TV installation.
- IKEA. An internationally renowned company that manufactures furniture for a wide variety of purposes. The products are characterized by light shades, clear and straight lines, and minimalistic design.
- Furniture can be used to install TVs Italian factories Devina Nais, Tiferno, Malerba.
- "Our furniture". The Vental NK-3 model is especially popular among buyers, since it has a fairly affordable price, and the design provides for a voluminous storage system.
- Angel Cerda. The Spanish factory produces premium designer furniture.
Choose furniture produced by companies that are widely known in our country or distributed around the world.
A TV chest of drawers is an expensive purchase. Accordingly, the choice of furniture that will take pride of place in your bedroom, hall or living room, you need to be especially careful.
- Price. First of all, you should focus on the cost of a piece of furniture.Quality chests of drawers made from natural materials cannot be cheap. On the other hand, plastic chests of drawers can be attributed to budget options.
One way or another, but when choosing, you should focus on your material capabilities.
- Manufacturer. If you want to be sure that you are purchasing a quality piece of furniture that will serve you for many years, then you should give preference to trusted and well-known manufacturers. Little-known firms and brands in the production process may not be guided by international standards, respectively, one cannot be sure of the quality and reliability of such dressers.
- Manufacturing material. The material from which the chest of drawers is made determines not only the reliability of the piece of furniture itself, but also how effectively the chest of drawers can support the TV.
If you make the wrong choice, you can lose not only a piece of furniture, but also a household device.
- Design. Interior design is the most important factor to look out for when choosing a chest of drawers. Thus, a piece of furniture can have several shelves or drawers, be closed by sliding doors or have an open structure.
You should decide in advance on what functional role the chest of drawers will perform, and then choose the most suitable design.
- The size. Depending on the area of space that you have, you can choose compact or large-sized chest of drawers.
It should be borne in mind that small furniture in a large room will look just as bad as a large one in a small one.
- Design. When choosing a TV chest of drawers, it is important to consider models that fit well into the existing interior of your room. This applies to both style and color palette.
- The form. On the modern furniture market, there are models of various shapes: straight, angular, oval and the like. In this respect, you can choose furniture based on your taste preferences.
If, when buying furniture, you are guided by the factors described above, then you will acquire a high-quality chest of drawers that will bring positive emotions to you and your family, and will also fully perform its functions.
Beautiful examples in the interior
Consider a few beautiful examples of the arrangement of dressers under the TV in a variety of interiors.
- This chest of drawers has a combined design: there are both closed drawers and an open system. The TV itself stands on a special glass stand.
This option will perfectly fit into a modern high-tech interior.
- A minimalist white chest of drawers will suit almost any interior. It will fit into the living room, bedroom or children's room.
- A beautiful large wooden chest of drawers is perfect for a living room. We can note the presence of a large number of boxes that can serve as storage.
- The modular chest of drawers consists of a large oblong base on which the TV rests, as well as 2 nightstands, symmetrically located on different sides.
A TV chest of drawers is a beautiful and functional piece of furniture that will fit well into any room and any interior design. The main thing is to correctly approach his choice and take into account all possible nuances.
For an overview of the TV cabinet, see the following video.