Designer garden furniture: author's ideas for your summer cottage
Garden furniture is an indispensable attribute of any summer cottage, because a suburban area allows you to free yourself from thoughts that constantly disturb you. Also, such a site can allow you to change the rhythm of life, albeit for a short time. That is why outdoor furniture is a must.
Criterias of choice
Many people understand by the phrase "furniture for a summer residence" what has already become obsolete in the city - old sofas, spoiled beds with bad mattresses, loose chairs and tables with a bad-looking countertop. Using old furniture is unlikely to create a cozy atmosphere and help you relax. Some gardeners understand by these words just new benches with a table for gathering in the fresh air. It looks good and pleasant - this way you can accommodate a large number of guests. But this is not enough for the complete design of the suburban area.
The range of country furniture has recently become much largerthan years earlier, because you can choose not only a bench or a table, but also hammocks, couches, armchairs, swings, awnings, sun loungers, beach chairs.
In this case, it is necessary to choose exactly one element, because the dacha is a vacation spot for a family or a group of friends.
In order for furniture to look great on the site, several criteria must be taken into account.
- Practicality. Summer weather conditions can change at a breakneck pace. Heat, scorching sun, night frosts, morning fogs, showers and hail - such tests will fall on the lot of outdoor furniture. Particular attention is paid to the moisture resistance of the material - many manufacturers cover furniture with special compounds against the effects of water and moisture.
- Mobility. The summer season lasts from May to September, and leaving all your furniture outside all year round is a shortsighted act. Therefore, structures that are lightweight or foldable are often chosen - they can be easily removed in the fall. And in summer, during a long storm or departure, such furniture can be easily moved to another place. It is also worth noting that folding structures in a country house will take up a minimum of space.
- Decorativeness. Furniture should not only be practical and comfortable, but also fit the site, landscape design and not really stand out. For example, plastic is absolutely not suitable if a house with a fence is made entirely of wood. Author's or designer's furniture is often chosen - it is created specially for the order. If it is not possible to attract a professional designer, then you can choose the right furniture for the site yourself.
Currently, there are a large number of materials from which outdoor furniture is made. Below are the most popular ones.
- Plastic. Many gardeners choose plastic because of its cheapness, some use it because of the low weight of the products. But more often than not, the main advantage of plastic furniture is that it can be absolutely any color.
- Stone. The popularity of this material is due to the fact that natural stone easily merges with any landscape. It is often used in copyright ideas. The material and its processing are an expensive pleasure, therefore, stone furniture can not be found in every summer cottage.
- Metal. A set of this material will look organic in any interior. Many designers create their works from metal. Material without additional processing is not the best option - it will quickly rust from moisture and oxygen, which will look extremely unpleasant.
- Wood. It is one of the most common options.It blends perfectly with any landscape, both natural and man-made.
- Rattan. Wicker furniture is always suitable for lovers of a quiet and relaxing holiday in the country. Previously, this option was considered by designers as a purely suburban one, although many now use rattan chairs in offices and apartments. Basically, chairs or sofas are made of rattan, less often tables. Rattan furniture is quite lightweight yet durable. It looks quite impressive, and it is a pleasure to sit in such chairs.
Considering various garden furniture, we can conclude that it is extremely popular. Her choice depends only on the personal preferences of the owner of the site. Design skills will help create a unique atmosphere at the summer cottage. After buying and installing furniture in the country, you can get a wonderful place to relax.
Beautiful ideas in the interior
The multi-colored chairs can be used both in the children's corner and as additional seating. Such furniture suits children more - they are very fond of bright colors. And the weight of the furniture allows them to drag it to any place convenient for them.
Stone tables are very durable - they withstand not only the influence of weather, but also great mechanical stress. The benches are durable, but it is often inconvenient to sit on them - in summer they heat up and cool down quickly in cold weather, so it is best to take a pillow or bedspread with you. However, the appearance of this design is remarkable.
Metal furniture looks very heavy against the background of flowering plants, which does not add joy to the atmosphere. Therefore, such furniture is treated with paint or trimmed with wood.
Wood structures look majestic, besides, it is comfortable to sit on benches, the material is pleasant to the touch. However, wood must be treated with varnish or paint from the effects of natural phenomena. As a result, wooden structures serve for several years, being an excellent decorative solution with high functionality.
You can find out how unusual you can equip your garden plot in the next video.