All about high-tech cottages
A high-tech cottage is a multifunctional home, the design of which has absorbed the fantasies of sci-fi ideas. The features of the house allow you to deviate from traditional foundations. Cottage projects skillfully combine the latest scientific achievements of architecture and discreet design in their design. In this article, we will consider everything about high-tech cottages.
The exterior features of high-tech cottages successfully combine clear modern forms with elegant versatility. Such a house becomes the choice of successful people who find comfort for themselves in projects devoid of architectural surpluses. The main features of high-tech houses are as follows:
- eccentricity - the style is modern and is only developing in the real estate market; the popularity of the style significantly exceeds its rapidity in projects, therefore, ready-made structures amaze with their simple, but at the same time graceful boundaries, and attracts attention;
- clear geometric shapes - high-tech architecture is distinguished by strict rectangular and cubic features, among which there are no decorative surpluses; despite this, the general appearance of projects always looks very impressive and elegant;
- flat roof - this is a multifunctional layout of a house, in which a flat roof can significantly protrude beyond the boundaries of the main building and serve as an additional place equipped for recreation, most often a terrace;
- the presence of glass and mirror surfaces - this is another main feature of cottages, which is not only decorative, but also practical; the windows in such projects are always very wide, which allows a sufficient amount of daylight to penetrate into the house and visually make the space of the premises larger;
- minimalism - a limited number of architectural techniques, a variety of materials and decor tools used in the planning of the project, will make it possible to achieve a modern appearance of the cottage.
Important! Hi-tech projects are created using high-tech tools and programs, so they are often connected to the popular "smart home" system.
Modern cottages have a simple, ergonomic appearance combined with a high degree of functionality and economy. Projects are designed in such a way as to achieve geometric balance. Most often, they are lined up in the order of symmetry or, thanks to a flat roof, they resemble in appearance several boxes that are folded into one complex structure. During construction, the following materials are most often used:
- reinforced concrete;
- reinforced glass;
- foam blocks;
- natural stone.
Less commonly, cottages include elements of bricks and timber. Typically, high-tech projects are distinguished by a flat roof and panoramic windows from ceiling to floor, but there are options with a classic gable roof. It is preferable to use glass or polycarbonate cloths as internal partitions for zoning. Each area of the house should be functional and contain practical benefits. The abuse of architectural decor is unacceptable - the type of cottage must be clearly thought out.
So, an open part of a flat roof or a porch is often turned into an additional place to relax and equipped with furniture.
The main requirements of high-tech projects are the observance of the correct clear lines in the project, as well as the combination of a light restrained color palette. All this creates a certain effect of minimalism combined with business elegance. Most often, the interior is done in the loft style. And innovative methods make it possible to correctly integrate high technologies into home improvement and make it high-tech and multifunctional in operation.
Glass and mirror elements in combination with a variety of lighting sources allow you to visually enlarge the space of the premises, without depriving it of a sense of comfort. When decorating facades, as a rule, expensive materials are used, so that the design of the house does not look too simple.
Wooden elements combined with metal or concrete make the façade livelier and more comfortable.
A classic version of a high-tech cottage, which successfully combines minimalism and elegance. The house has a simple structure, but it looks quite impressive. Large panoramic windows provide additional light to the premises of the house, and the flat roof sets the building apart from the traditional options.
Clear lines and competent division of functional areas make home decoration practical and at the same time cozy.
A porch-terrace and an open panoramic area to the courtyard makes the space visually larger and allows you to achieve the desired effect of modernity of the concept.
An overview of the high-tech house in the video below.