Inflatable sofa bed: characteristics, types, choice
Inflatable products are used for more than just swimming. Thanks to modern technology, manufacturers offer durable blown furnishings. One of these products is an inflatable sofa bed. Furniture with air chambers has certain pros and cons, which should be carefully reviewed before purchasing.
Features, advantages and disadvantages
In the production of inflatable sofa beds, vinyl, polymers and flock are used. For the manufacture of reliable models, multilayer reinforced materials are used. They have a longitudinal system of inserts that provide an orthopedic effect.
The advantages of blown sofas.
- Compactness when folded. Deflated products take up little space, due to which they can be put into a bag, placed in a closet or on a balcony.
- Ability to withstand heavy weight loads. Depending on the model, the products can carry from 200 to 300 kg.
- Practicality and versatility. Inflatable furniture is waterproof, it is not afraid of high humidity or temperature changes. Thanks to such features, it can be used in an apartment, in a country house, in nature.
- Aesthetics. Most of the sofa bed models have a velor or flock surface. She has an attractive appearance, in addition, the sheet does not slip off her during a night's rest.
- Unpretentious care and simple operation. Products are inflated using a built-in electric or mechanical pump. Caring for inflatable furniture is easy - to do this, you need to wipe the surface with a soft, damp cloth.
- Multifunctionality. The sofa bed can be used as a seat or as a sleeping bed.
- Extensive assortment. On sale are models of domestic and foreign production of various configurations, colors and sizes.
- Light weight and small dimensions, thanks to which the sofa can be taken with you on a fishing trip or on a picnic.
- Cheapness. Inflated sofas are cheaper than classic furniture.
Such products also have disadvantages, and there are many of them. First of all, such products are classified as unreliable. During operation, they are often deflated due to the smallest holes in the seams. Under heavy load, they descend faster, which is why they require periodic pumping. Inflated furnishings are not recommended for families with pets - they can pierce the air chamber with their claws. Sometimes it can be problematic to find the place of damage. If you use such a sofa in nature, there are great risks of puncturing it against glass, sharp stones or knots.
Inflatable sofas cannot provide adequate support for the spine while sleeping. Due to this feature, it is not recommended to operate them on a permanent basis. Otherwise, problems may appear on the part of the musculoskeletal system.
For people suffering from diseases of the spine, doctors do not recommend using inflatable furniture.
Types of transformation
Sofa beds with air chambers can be linear or angular. Besides, models are stationary or folding... The first ones do not provide for the possibility of transformation, as a result of which they form a not very comfortable sleeping place. More often, buyers give preference to transformers.
Such solutions are convenient in operation - when assembled, they perform the function of seats, and unfolded are used as beds. Convertible sofas have several mattresses (2 or 3 depending on the model). To unfold the product for a night's rest, it is necessary to pull the lower block forward, after which the rest of the air mattresses will unfold one by one.
Another interesting and functional option is the 5-in-1 transformer. It is a blown product that can be used as:
- reclining chair;
- chair with a straight back.
Popular models include hammock sofas. They consist of 2 chambers. Inflatable hammocks are designed for one person.
Inflatable sofa beds can have a built-in pump. For some products, pumping equipment comes in a complete set, while others will have to be purchased separately. The pump can be:
- mechanical (foot or hand).
Electric models provide more convenience. For their work, current is required. They are connected to a 220V household outlet or to a car cigarette lighter. Thanks to the built-in pumps, the sofa can be pumped up as quickly as possible - in general, the process does not exceed 4 minutes. Inflating an inflated sofa with a foot or hand pump will take more time and effort for the user. However, it is ideal where there is no possibility of connecting to the electrical network (fishing, hiking, in summer cottages). Inflatable sofas can be supplied with inflated pillows or poufs. If space permits, you can pick up an overall semicircular sofa with an ottoman located in the center. For small rooms, corner structures equipped with compartments for glasses are suitable.
Domestic and foreign manufacturers are engaged in the manufacture of sofa beds. We present a rating of the best companies, whose products are included in the list of the best.
- Intex. American trademark founded in 1964. Today its production facilities are located in China. The manufacturer offers many models of inflatable sofa beds with headboards, comfortable armrests. On sale there are blown furniture of various configurations, colors, dimensions. Some sofa models are equipped with a comfortable removable headboard. A repair kit is included with all products.
- Lamzac. A Dutch manufacturer offering hammock sofas that can be inflated without pumping. Products of this brand are often purchased by outdoor enthusiasts. Lamzac blown sofas are made from stress-resistant nylon.
- Bestway. A Chinese manufacturer selling premium air-chamber sofas. The products of this brand are distinguished by stylish and bright design, comfort and optimal price-quality ratio.
- Banana. The manufacturer makes inflatable sofas from nylon, which is famous for its increased strength.
Inflated products have a variety of color variations, they are comfortable and reliable. The disadvantages of Banana furniture include its small capacity and high cost.
Inflatable products of the Silapro and Bivan brands are less popular.
How to choose?
To buy a reliable inflatable sofa bed, there are several parameters to be aware of, which are worth paying attention to first.
- High-quality products have transverse seams made using laser equipment - they are more resistant to power loads. Models with longitudinal stitches are less reliable.
- If possible, it is best to purchase inflatable furniture with a built-in pump.
- The surface of the product can be made of PVC, flock or velor. The first ones are inconvenient to use - because of their smoothness, the sheet will constantly slide during sleep, which will cause certain inconveniences. Flock or velor surface is more practical.
- Furniture dimensions and maximum load capacity. If you plan to place a large company on the sofa, you should take a closer look at models for 4-6 people.
- Choosing inflated sofas, you should not stop at the cheapest models of dubious production.
- When buying a sofa bed, it is recommended to focus on the products of well-known brands that have proven themselves among consumers only on the positive side.
In the next video you will find a review of the Intex 68566 inflatable sofa.