Choosing a children's roll-out sofa
The children's room is a secluded place for the child, in which he can safely play, study and relax. In order to provide the baby with more free space, many parents purchase a roll-out sofa.
This is beneficial not only in terms of the functionality of such a bed, but also in terms of price.
Types of mechanisms
The roll-out sofa works thanks to a special mechanism, which consists of rollers attached to the inside of the seat. As the strap is pulled, the rollers force the frame to move to increase the area of the sofa. Thus, you can get a spacious sleeping place without the use of great physical strength.
The withdrawable system can be of three types: standard, slip-on-roll-out and "accordion".
With the standard system, the frame is pushed forward and folded in the center of the product.
The roll-up version is a system in which the seat moves down, and an additional pillow is placed in the resulting void. And in order to unfold the sofa accordion, you just need to pull out the frame using a special strap.
Regardless of the folding system, each type allows you to get a flat and spacious berth. But the width of the surface varies depending on the model of the sofa.
For a children's room, a product with a standard system is most often purchased, since even a small child can cope with it. For the rest of the mechanisms, it is necessary to apply certain efforts.
Additional selection criteria
Having decided on the rolling mechanism, you need to pay attention to the filler. The comfortable and safe location of the child depends on him.
The following materials are most often used to fill sofas:
- Sintepon - differs in lightness, flexibility and durability. It has good thermal insulation properties, is non-toxic and not prone to deformation. The only drawback of the material is the inability to pass air, which is the reason for the child's sweating.
- Polyurethane foam - has the ability to keep its original shape even after several years of regular use. It has low thermal conductivity and water resistance, as well as good noise insulation. The disadvantages of the material include instability to exposure to sunlight and slight flammability, in which it begins to release toxins.
- Periotec - known for its resilience and durability. It does not cause allergic reactions and is not a source of reproduction of microorganisms. This material has good air exchange and high comfort, but is not resistant to moisture.
- Holofiber - an environmentally friendly and hygienic material with strength, lightness and durability. It does not lend itself to deformation, is resistant to the influence of pathogens and is not whimsical to care for.
- Latex - has orthopedic properties, which allows it to follow the contours of the body. This filler allows you to distribute the overall load, which is good for the child's physical health. These qualities contribute to the high cost of latex, and therefore a sofa with this filler will be expensive.
For a children's room, fillers without springs are predominantly chosen in order to eliminate the likelihood of injury to the child.
When choosing a roll-out baby bed, you need to pay attention to the upholstery. The sofa can be upholstered with any fabric, be it corduroy, velor or eco-leather.Leather products are notable for their beauty, but they are completely unstable to mechanical damage. In addition, they are very expensive. The Teflon-coated sofa is waterproof and easy to clean, which is the main reason for buying it for a nursery.
The quality of the upholstery directly affects the cost of furniture., and therefore if the parents do not have the funds for an expensive purchase, you need to focus on your capabilities. The main thing is that the sofa has a high-quality and simple mechanism and consists of a safe filler. If necessary, parents can purchase a special cover that will reliably protect the product from various damages. The advantage of such a purchase is that if it gets dirty, the cover can be easily removed and washed.
Design and equipment
When choosing children's furniture, parents first of all care about the safety and comfort of the baby. But for a child, the main thing in products is appearance. It is important for him that everything in the bedroom corresponds to his fantasies. For this reason, the purchase of a sofa bed should involve the little dreamer.
Children's furniture should have bright patterns and unique designs. Children are most often interested in sofas of unusual shapes with bright patterns. For them, manufacturers produce many different models, such as "Filya", "Bear", "Alisa".
The Filya children's sofa is interesting for its original design. It combines a disproportionate round and rectangular side back, which makes the product unique. If desired, the backrest can be folded out to the side, which will allow you to get a large berth. Conveniently, this model has a large storage box under the seat.
In addition to the main selection criteria, it is important to consider the complete set of furniture. The children's room does not always have enough space to accommodate several storage systems.
Therefore, in furniture stores, you can find models of roll-out sofas with additional storage space. These can be drawers under the mattress or built-in boxes in the armrests.
Some designs are manufactured with a side panel with small shelves. There are models that have a mini wall at the back of the bed.
Children's sofas are almost always equipped with protective bumpers.so that the baby feels not only comfortable, but also safe. If a child has strong mobility in a dream, then parents first of all need to pay attention to the presence of sides on the product.
Tips for choosing children's sofas in the next video.