Today the sofa is one of the most common types of furniture, including home furniture. Belarusian sofas are products that many consumers choose today.
Features, pros and cons
The first and most important feature of Belarusian sofas is the material from which they are made. For them, the best tree species grown on the territory of Belarus are used.
Of course, growing a tree is not enough to turn it into a work of art in the form of a sofa, so the best craftsmen are involved in the manufacture of such products. This is the second feature of making furniture at Belarusian factories.
After doing a little research, we can point out the most noticeable advantages of Belarusian sofas:
- the highest quality workmanship;
- attractive appearance;
- the cost is significantly lower than the price of foreign counterparts;
- wide range of products.
Like all products, Belarusian sofas also have disadvantages:
- The cost of products is lower than abroad, but at the same time, not everyone can afford to buy such furniture;
- Sofas require strict adherence to the rules of operation - like any wooden furniture. In the event of a violation, the furniture quickly loses its appearance and other useful qualities.
Today, there are many furniture manufacturers on the territory of Belarus, but the oldest and most famous of them can be distinguished:
- "Pinskdrev", one of the oldest (founded in 1880) furniture business enterprises. Today "Pinskdrev" is a company with a truly worldwide reputation, because its products are supplied to more than 130 countries around the world.
- "Minskfurniture". The company was founded 80 years ago, and during this time it has gained a reputation as a reliable supplier of quality furniture.
- The company "Molodechnomebel»Has been operating for 50 years and also occupies a good place in the niche of furniture production.
- In 1924, the company entered the arena "Bobruiskmebel", which to this day is an example of a combination of high technology and many years of experience.
- The company will close the list of elders "Galant", founded in 1949 and currently one of the leading furniture manufacturers.
It is worth noting young but significant furniture manufacturers:
- Company "Style" founded in 1997, it specializes in the production of upholstered furniture available to all segments of the population (without loss of quality).
- "Soft City" since 1997 has been producing furniture of various styles and trends.
- Factory "Laguna" started its work in the early 2000s, and to this day it offers consumers a wide range of sofas and other furniture.
- August company was founded in 2005 and is engaged in the production of linear, corner sofas, kitchen corners and beds. The main rule of the company is the production of exceptionally high quality furniture.
- "VLIVSK-Furniture" Is a company that started in 2010 but focused on making furniture accessible to everyone.
The variety of options for making sofas on the territory of Belarus is great. In stores, you can see both classic-type models and a variety of books, spring, modular, with wooden armrests - and the like.
The most common type of sofa is the corner sofa, as it suits most interiors and allows you to make the most of the space in both your home and office space.
Most often, such products are made with fabric upholstery in order to save money for a potential buyer. Of course, the factories produce furniture with leather upholstery, but it belongs to the elite category, so the price is much higher.
I would like to include sofas for the kitchen in a separate category, since their production is different from how furniture for other rooms is made. It uses a denser, but at the same time less whimsical fabric - so that accidentally left stains can be removed without effort, and dropped cutlery could not tear it.
As mentioned above, the most common type of upholstery for sofas made in Belarus is fabric, but at the same time, a lot of fabrics are used, including flock, jacquard, velveteen, velor, chenille and other equally well-known types.
Today sofas upholstered with leatherette are gaining popularity - because of their relatively low cost and attractive, stylish appearance.
It is quite difficult to choose a high-quality, reliable and beautiful sofa, because the model range is wide, and it is simply impossible to focus on one thing. To this end, all stores have specially trained employees who will help you choose the right model.
Of course, even experienced workers cannot determine with absolute accuracy what a particular buyer needs, so at the end of the article there are some tips that will help you understand all this sofa variety.
First and foremost advice: you need to determine what the sofa is for. Will it stand in the living room waiting for a large number of people, or it will be designed to create comfort in a small kitchen. Selection tips may vary depending on the application. However, first things first.
To the living room
Pay attention to the following nuances:
- When choosing a sofa for a guest room, you need to pay attention to the combination of its color with the main interior of the room, namely, the color of walls, ceilings and other furniture. It should not completely merge with the interior, but it should not stand out too much either.
- You should also pay attention to the size of the product. Different sizes of rooms and sofas should be different. So, for small rooms, a cozy two-seater model is suitable, while for a larger room, you can purchase a three-seater version with the addition of one or two chairs - if necessary. For very large rooms, it is often more correct to purchase several small sofas, rather than one huge one.
- The type of sofa is also very important. A particularly popular option for the living room is corner models, but the size and location of the room play an important role here. Not in every room, the corner will fulfill its role one hundred percent.
- It should be borne in mind that today a large number of folding mechanisms have been invented, so you need to pay attention to this. If sleeping on the sofa is not its main purpose, then the simplest option ("clamshell") will do. The "draw-out" mechanism is easy to use, but it requires a large enough space. The most practical and widespread version of the mechanism is the "Eurobook". To unfold such furniture, it is necessary to pull out the near part of the sofa and lower the back.
- Frame. The type of frame and the material from which it is made must correspond to two parameters: compliance with the interior and durability. Currently, frames for sofas are made of metal, wood and timber with chipboard, however, materials can be combined to partially reduce the cost of a sofa.
- It is necessary to choose filler and upholstery, focusing on the needs of the people living in the apartment. The sofa should be soft and comfortable at the same time, but at the same time elastic and not losing its shape for a long time.
To the kitchen
When planning to start choosing a model, you need to understand whether a sofa is needed in a given room. Of course, the sofa is more comfortable in many ways, and the undoubted advantage is the ability to use it as a sleeping place, but it takes up a lot of space. And it is quite difficult to move it.
If you still need it, then here's what you should pay attention to:
- Almost any (except for the smallest) kitchens will best fit a small sofa with a single-color upholstery. The simpler it is, the better.
- If the sofa will not be used as a sleeping place, then you can purchase a small wicker double version.
- If there is a need to store various blanks for the winter (and just different products), then the ideal solution would be a sofa, the base of which is a bench with drawers, on which soft elements are installed.
- Pay attention to the upholstery. Kitchen furniture is exposed to more different influences, which means that the upholstery must be tight - and at the same time easy to clean.
For constant sleep
Usually, the choice of furniture for sleeping is not much different from the choice of a sofa for the living room, but there are also some nuances here:
- The folding mechanism of the sofa should be as convenient as possible, and the sofa when unfolded should be suitable for sleeping one or two people. Experts recommend the Eurobook folding mechanism, since it is quite simple to use. After the transformation, the sofa takes the form of two solid halves, on which it is convenient to place guests.
- The second important nuance is the filler, since a person will spend a third of his life on the sofa. For daily sleep, experts recommend using blocks with independent springs. Such springs provide a better positioning of the body, as they conform to its shape and contribute to the relaxation of the body.
Office furniture differs from home furniture in that more people use it every day, which means that it should:
- be as comfortable as possible;
- have a strong frame that can withstand constant pressure (without deformation);
- have an attractive appearance;
- be durable.
Summing up, we can note the fact that if you need to choose furniture, you should not pass by the representatives of Belarusian factories, since today they occupy a rather significant place among manufacturers. Belarusian sofas are quality and reliability. These advantages are appreciated by many buyers.
You can also find out detailed information about the Belarusian sofas "Lewis" from the following video.